pH Buffer prevents rapid changes in pH levels by increasing stability. The pH level of your pool water should be between 7.2 - 7.8. The pH level in your pool is highly susceptible to change due to factors such as rainfall, heavy pool usage or swimmer loads. pH Buffer locks the pH level so it doesn't fluctuate.
USING PH BUFFER
Always read the safety directions first (refer packaging). pH Buffer prevents rapid changes in pH levels and increases Total Alkalinity. The ideal levels should be as follows:
- Pools treated with stabilised chlorine tablets between 150-200ppm
- Pool treated with chlorine granules between 120-150ppm
If your pool is below the required level, then proceed as follows:
- To raise buffer level by 10ppm, apply 170g of pH Buffer per 10,000 litres of pool water (refer to pool calculator).
- Distribute pH Buffer directly over the pool.
- Run filter for 1 hour per 4,000 litres of pool water and if the required level is not achieved, repeat procedure - it is better to raise the buffer level gradually, rather than completing the operation in one dose.
If your pool is too high, then it is necessary to dilute pool water.
PH Buffer MSDS
DOWNLOAD INFORMATION SHEET
pH Buffer INFO
For more product information please contact our Customer Support Team.